Improving pediatric health outcomes
PPFRC will improve the health and wellbeing for families through research and innovation, and leadership and excellence through collaborative, interdisciplinary research.
- Decrease morbidity and mortality for women in S.C. and beyond, before and after childbirth.
- Decrease morbidity and mortality for premature infants and children born in S.C. from birth to two years old.
- Facilitate the health and wellbeing of families in S.C. during child-bearing years with increased access to equitable, quality healthcare through research.
PPFRC Director Robin Dail, PhD, RN, FAAN was recently appointed as Health Sciences Endowed Professor.
This is the only center amongst peer institutions conducting this research.
Meet the experts
- Robin M. Dawson, PhD, RN, CPNP-PC, Associate Professor
- Kayla C. Everhart, PhD, RN, Assistant Professor
- Tisha Felder, PhD, MSW, Associate Professor
- Joynelle R. Jackson, EdD, MSN, RN, Assistant Professor
- Rhonda Johnson, DNP, APRN, c-EFM, CNE, CNM, FACNM, Assistant Professor
- Brooke Patterson, DNP, APRN, FNP-C, Assistant Professor
- Phyllis Raynor, PhD, PMHNP-BC, CARN-AP, APRN, Assistant Professor
- Alicia Ribar, PhD, FNP-BC, Professor
- Abbas Tavakoli, Dr. PH, MPH, ME, Professor
- Jessica Bradshaw, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Psychology, CAS
- Nansi S. Boghossian, PhD, MPH, Associate Professor, Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics, ASPH