To encourage collaboration and innovation through music leadership and emphasize, support, and encourage projects, events, or activities rooted in community service or community engagement to one or more of the following:
- School of Music community
- USC Campus community
- Columbia local community
- South Carolina/Southeastern community
- National/world community
Link to application form is activated once proposals open.
|10/27||Proposals due by 5 p.m.|
|Build partnerships, finalize plans, perform project and capture event.|
Project Summaries due by 5:00 p.m.
|04/18||Awards announced during the School of Music Awards Day.|
- Familiarizing students with grant application processes
- Cultivating and recognizing student creativity
- Fostering innovation and experimentation
- Broadening understanding of student success
- Engaging with non-musicians, underserved communities and discovering new audiences
- Exploring professional life skills include communication, community engagement, relationship building, financial awareness, event management
Eligible applicants include all USC students enrolled in at least one music class. Proposals may come from individuals or teams involving at least one music student. Finalists receive individual consultation, up to $250 to support project expenses, and are eligible for awards from $250 - $1,500. Judges have discretion over the quantity and amount of the awards.
Creativity in Music projects reflect the diversity of student interests at the School of Music.
- Performances (recitals on and off-campus, chamber music, etc.)
- Student organized studio collaborations
- Educational Events and Creative Presentations
- Community Programming and Interactive Events
- Service or Issue Driven Causes
- Other student-driven events involving musical performance and an audience
Members of the Spark team are available to consult about project design and the application process. If you have questions or would like to meet with someone, email email@example.com.
Applications are to be completed using the online submission process.
Late proposals or project summaries will not be accepted.