The marketing major covers:
- The development, pricing, distribution and promotion of products, services and ideas
- The study of economic, cultural, demographic and attitudinal factors that influence demand for products and services
This major is a good fit if you...
- Enjoy strategic thinking and problem-solving.
- Are skilled at insights and data-driven decision-making.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Why should you enroll?
- Marketing majors find careers as sales leaders, research analysts, marketing managers, communications managers, product managers and retail/purchasing leaders.
- The Moore School’s marketing department is widely acclaimed for its expertise in key subjects such as consumer behavior, marketing strategy, research methods, behavioral pricing and marketing communications.
- The Center for Marketing Solutions identifies opportunities for select marketing majors to engage in hands-on research with our corporate partners.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of consumer behavior and how marketers strive to use an understanding of consumer behavior to promote effective marketing through advertising, product design or promotions.
- Students will develop an understanding of the internal and external factors that influence consumer choice.
- Students will be able to conduct marketing research, which will include the design and administration of questionnaires, an understanding of sampling techniques and how to collect, clean and code data.
- Students will develop the ability to analyze and interpret marketing research results.
- Students will be able to communicate market research results effectively.
- Students will develop an understanding of the strategic marketing management planning process and be able to integrate the various facets of marketing and apply these concepts to marketing decisions and the development of marketing plans.