Family Weekend Football Game
Our signature Tailgate Party and South Carolina v. UNC-Charlotte football game will be a highlight of the weekend. Plan ahead to have the most memorable time!
Important: Clear Bag Policy
Guests carrying bags that do not meet the stadium's criteria will not be admitted to the venue.
All family members who purchased a wristband package with a football ticket will be seated in the upper level of Williams-Brice Stadium, mostly in the 500 and 300 sections. Students who wish to sit with their family in this area must purchase the Family Weekend student wristband with football ticket package. For children 2 and under, football admission is complementary as long as they do not occupy a seat. Families can purchase different seating through the Gamecock Club website, which is separate from the Family Weekend wristband package options.
If multiple families wish to sit together, once the first family in your party registers for Family Weekend, they will receive a specialized link in their order confirmation email that they can then send to you. Once you have access to that link and check out with your family’s Family Weekend wristbands, it will connect your orders together so that the football tickets are assigned next to each other. This works as long as the section is not sold out.
If you need to purchase additional wristbands after your original purchase, use the same email and name from your original order confirmation. This will connect the orders through the registration platform so that football tickets are grouped together if the section is not already sold out.
Tickets will be made available approximately two weeks prior to game day and delivered digitally to your account manager through the South Carolina Gamecocks App (available in both Apple App Store and Google Play). Detailed instructions on how to access and manage your mobile tickets can be found here.
Family Tailgate Party
The traditional gameday tailgate for Family Weekend begins two and half hours before kickoff. Visit with Cocky, Cocky’s parents and the cheerleaders, and listen to live music from the Carolina Marching Band. Enjoy plenty of tailgate food like barbecue, hot dogs, chicken fingers and more.
We encourage families to bring a picnic blanket to sit on and enjoy the tailgate. Remember whatever you bring to the tailgate you must be able take with you to the stadium. Outside beverages are not permitted. Check the football game day information for the details.
No parking is available at the tailgate, but there are a variety of ways to get to the stadium safely.
- First-come, first-served pay lots around the South Carolina Fairgrounds and Williams-Brice Stadium
- Gameday shuttles pick up and drop off at Russell House and Colonial LIfe Arena. Shuttle information
Note: Families who plan to include any of their student’s friends in the festivities should purchase a UofSC Student Wristband in advance for them as well. Children 2 and under will not be required to purchase a wristband for Family Weekend events. Individual tickets to signature events like the tailgate are not available.
Shuttle Information and Directions to Family Tailgate
Note: The walk is approximately 1.1 miles. Wear comfortable shoes and dress for a hot, humid day! Walking directions are available in our mobile app and feather flags will be along the walk to direct you. Always follow the instructions of law enforcement, stationed at each intersection.
There is no waiting space available at the entrance to the Tailgate Party, so we encourage
you to explore the stadium area and enjoy the tailgate festivities of Gamecock Village
if you get to the stadium early for the Tailgate Party.
Riding the Shuttle
- Transportation staff will be working hard to get families to our Tailgate Party; however, it will take time.
- You must wear your family weekend wristband to ride the shuttle.
- Face coverings are not required in university transportation but are encouraged when physical distancing is not possible.
- No coolers, food, or drinks are allowed on shuttles (except for sealed water bottles).
- After the game, you will meet the shuttle again at the drop-off point inside the Fairgrounds. The shuttle will take you back to the place where it picked you up.
Walking Directions from Shuttle Drop-off to Tailgate
- After exiting the shuttle (near Gate 6), walk through the Fairgrounds until you reach the pedestrian crossing between Gate 8 and 9. (the stadium will be in front of you)
- Cross George Rogers Blvd. (you will be next to the stadium).
- After crossing George Rogers Blvd. take a right & continue walking on the sidewalk (keeping next to the stadium on your left) towards Bluff Rd.
- Continue to walk on the sidewalk with the stadium on your left until you reach the pedestrian crossing to cross over Bluff Road. Gamecock Park will be ahead, and you will use this pedestrian walk to cross over Bluff Rd. at this time.
- After crossing Bluff Rd., take a left and continue straight until you reach National Guard Rd., then turn right. You will walk past the entrance to cross the street to the Tailgate Party.
- Look for the big white tents and banner at the entrance of the Family Weekend Tailgate Party.
Tailgate Party Menu
Note: items subject to change due to supply/demand of products.
Pulled Pork BBQ Sliders
GF (w/out Bun) DF
Classic Southern Pulled Pork // Garnet BBQ Sauce // Brioche Buns
House made Pickles
GF, DF, V
Deep Fried Chicken Tenders
Served with Honey Mustard
Black Bean and Corn Salad
GF, DF, V
Grilled Hot Dogs
GF (w/out Bun), DF
All Beef Hot Dogs with Buns, Diced Onions, Relish, Mustard & Ketchup
GF, DF, V
Fresh Fruit Array
GF, DF, V
Honeydew // Cantaloupe // Pineapple // Strawberries // Grapes
Assorted Ice Cream Bars
Ice Cream Sandwiches and Strawberry Fruit Bars
GF, DF, V
Dry Roasted Peanuts
GF, DF, V
Vegetarian/Vegan Specialty Meal
GF, DF, V
Available Upon Request- Salad