Mark Your Calendar
GARP 2024 will be held over two consecutive weekends:
- Virtual interviews will be Feb. 8-10, 2024.
- Discover Carolina (in-person visit) will be Feb. 23-24, 2024.
Graduate Assistant Recruitment Program
The Graduate Assistant Recruitment Program — GARP for short — is a partnership between
the Division of Student Affairs and Academic Support and the College of Education’s
higher education and student affairs program. GARP aims to connect incoming HESA students to graduate assistantships within Student
Affairs and Academic Support.
To participate in GARP, you must be a prospective HESA student. Invitations to participate
in the program will be extended near the end of the fall semester.
- Meet faculty, staff and current and prospective students.
- Interview for graduate assistantships at UofSC and neighboring colleges.
- Tour the beautiful University of South Carolina campus.
While the roster of participating offices changes from year to year, the following offices generally hire their graduate assistants through GARP.
- Capstone Scholars
- Career Center
- Center for Integrative and Experiential Learning
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Leadership and Service Center
- National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition
- New Student Orientation
- Preston Residential College
- Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention & Prevention
- Student Conduct and Academic Integrity
- Student Disability Resource Center
- Student Health Services
- Student Success Center
- TRIO Programs
- Undergraduate Admissions
- University 101 Programs
- University Housing
Offices from outside the Division of Student Affairs and Academic Support and from partnering colleges and universities also have participated in GARP in previous years.