Report Suspicious Activity
If you see suspicious activity, call USCPD at 911 or 803-777-4215.
Leaving Your Residence for an Extended Period
Here are a few precautions we suggest if you're planning to leave for a few days or more. Before you leave:
- Move your vehicle off of a public street.
- Lock your room, apartment or house doors and windows.
- Remove all portable items from your vehicle. If you must leave something in your car, lock it in the trunk.
- Take valuables with you if you live in a residence hall or apartment. Keep your bicycle in your room during the holidays.
- Ask a neighbor or family member to watch your house and suspend home deliveries such as newspaper and mail.
- Set indoor and outdoor lights on an automatic timer.
- Set a radio or television on a timer so your house looks and sounds occupied.
- Ask a neighbor to park a car in your driveway so your house looks occupied.